|Public Sector Companies Recruiting through GATE 2012
National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
NTPC Limited, India's largest power company has an installed capacity of 34,854 MW. NTPC is a Maharatna and has contributed approximately 1/3rd of the country's entire power generation during the year 2010-11 and plans to become a 128 GW power company by 2032.
- NTPC is looking for young graduate engineers in the disciplines of Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering
- All eligible candidates are required to appear for GATE 2012.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview based on the GATE 2012 scores and the requirement.
- Candidates need to apply online for the post of ET-2012 after getting their GATE registration number. The online application process will commence from 06/01/2012.
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
BHEL, established more than 40 years ago, is today the largest engineering and manufacturing enterprise in India in the energy-related / infrastructure sector. BHEL caters to the core sectors of the Indian economy, viz. Power, Transmission, Industry, Transportation, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas and Defence.
- 800 Graduate Engineers are required by BHEL for the position of Engineers Trainee in the following disciplines: Mechanical - 550, Electrical - 175, Electronics - 75
- Candidates who wish to apply for Engineer Trainee position in BHEL for the year 2012-13 will be required to take GATE 2012
- The scores obtained in GATE 2012 will be utilized by BHEL for inviting candidates for a personal interview
- Candidates will have to separately apply online to BHEL after 04/01/2012 and give their GATE 2012 registration numbers.
- The CTC (total compensation) for Engineer Trainees will be between Rs 7.5 Lakhs and Rs 8.8 Lakhs per annum.
Indian Oil Corporation Limited
Indian Oil, as a transnational energy major is now the highest ranked Indian company at the 98th position in the prestigious Fortune 'Global 500' list. For over five decades, IndianOil has remained a leader due to the patronage of over a billions Indians. With one of Asia’s largest network of refineries, pipelines, retails outlets and the most trusted range of brand, Indian Oil is also redefining its role as a Maharatna company with a group of dedicated and ever evolving work force.
Recognized as one of the ‘Best Employer in India’ by Great Place to Work Institute (GPW), India, IndianOil now offers excellent career opportunities in the following engineering disciples.
Civil, Chemical, Computer Science and Information technology, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Metallurgy.
Graduate Engineers from these disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with IndianOil, are required to appear in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2012. Short listing of the candidates for interview and further selection process, will be based on GATE-2012 scores. (GATE 2011 scores not valid).
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
POWER GRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of the country and a Navratna Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. POWERGRID operates around 82,354 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 135 Sub- stations and wheels about 51% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWER GRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, Sub- Transmission, Distribution and Telecom sectors also offers consultancy services at National and International level.
During the XII Plan, POWER GRID envisages an investment of more than ` 100000 crore for huge network expansion in which about 52,000 ckm of transmission lines, 70 sub-stations and transmission capacity of 1,36,000 MVA are to be added.
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWER GRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic engineers to join its fold as EXECUTIVE TRAINEE in Electrical discipline.